Explore Key West
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Santiago's Bodega
Photo courtesy of Loopnet.com
Cuisine: European, Spanish
Price Range: $$
A colorful walk through Bahama Village brings you to this bright cozy restaurant tucked away behind lovely landscaping. Their tasty Spanish tapas are the perfect size for a light lunch, and the indoor... Read More
A colorful walk through Bahama Village brings you to this bright cozy restaurant tucked away behind lovely landscaping. Their tasty Spanish tapas are the perfect size for a light lunch, and the indoor seating provides a welcome respite from the mid-day sun. In the evenings, this spot is packed, and reservations are a must. At lunch, things move a slower pace, and you should be able to saunter in on your own schedule. Order a pitcher of their sparkling sangria to beat the heat. At some restaurants, "tapas" equals painfully small plates, but at Santiago's, the portions are generous. Standout dishes include the Saganaki-halloumi cheese sprinkled with oregano flambeed with Brandy. Other faves have an equally artful presentation like the Fresh Yellowfin Ceviche, which is marinated in spicy citrus juice and served with fresh avocado, mango and cilantro. Finish with their homemade bread pudding with caramel bourbon sauce.
- Old Town's Best Restaurants: "Santiago's happy hour (3-6 pm) is the perfect time to sample several varieties of tapas at $5 a pop. Pair with a discounted pitcher of sangria."
- Lunch: "Try their sparkling white wine sangria--perfect for a tropical day in Key West."
- Group Friendly: "Don't miss the flaming the Saganaki--haloumi cheese sprinkled with oregano flambeed with Brandy. It arrives flaming at your table."
- Best Value: "Reservations are a must. This tiny gem fills up fast, and they have no problem refusing people that don't have a reservation."
- Best for Old Town's Best Restaurants, Group Friendly Because: Santiago's scrumptious tapas are perfect for sharing. Order several for the group and dig in. Pair with a few pitchers of sparkling sangria.
- Best for Lunch Because: Hidden in charming Bahama Village, Santiago's tasty Spanish tapas and indoor seating make a perfect lunch spot--and a respite from the mid-day sun.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Value is of course subjective, and for gourmands, the prices on these tasty Spanish tapas are a steal. Pair with a pitcher of sparkling sangria.