Explore Key West
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of michellenicolelowe.com
Photo courtesy of Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center
Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center
Type: Free Attractions, Museums
When the museum admissions and snorkeling tours start to add up, free options are always the way to go--especially when the kids can learn a thing or two. The Eco-Discovery Center provides a look into... Read More
When the museum admissions and snorkeling tours start to add up, free options are always the way to go--especially when the kids can learn a thing or two. The Eco-Discovery Center provides a look into the ecosystems of the Florida Keys. Just a step away from Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, exhibits include an interactive satellite map of the Keys, a replica of the Aquarius underwater ocean laboratory and an underwater video camera used for monitoring the health of a coral reef. The real star is the Living Reef exhibit, which includes a 2,500-gallon reef tank teeming with living corals and tropical fish.
- Tue-Sat 9am-4pm
- Things to Do with Kids, Attractions near Cruise Port: "On the third Saturday of each month, they hold a fun children's workshop that educates them about the marine environment."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Don't miss the Living Reef exhibit--a 2,500-gallon reef tank teeming with colorful living corals and tropical fish."
- Free Things to Do: "It's surprising that this gem is free to the public, but to keep it that way donations are welcome."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids, Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This interactive free museum, with its 2,500-gallon reef tank, keeps the kiddos entertained and educated.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This free center features more than 6,000 square feet of interactive exhibits, providing an up-close look into the underwater ecosystems of the Florida Keys.