Explore Key West
Harry S. Truman Little White House
Type: Historic Sites, Museums
The Little White House house is a living museum that has been impeccably restored and is a sight to behold during the holidays. It's decorated exactly as it was in World War II right down to the... Read More
The Little White House house is a living museum that has been impeccably restored and is a sight to behold during the holidays. It's decorated exactly as it was in World War II right down to the Christmas tree lights and their collection of 1940s and 1950s ornaments. In December, they offer exclusive VIP tours complete with champagne, hot chocolate, treats and more. Presidential Christmas Cards are showcased throughout. As a bonus, you can pick up presents in the gift shop. Their White House Collector ornaments make a great stocking stuffer. Key West has served as a presidential retreat since 1880 when Ulysses S. Grant visited the island. Harry Truman reportedly despised living in Washington and viewed this as his sanctuary. He spent 175 days of his presidency here from 1946 through 1952.
111 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $16.13; Senior $13.98; Child (5-12) $5.38
- Things to Do in December: "Looking for the perfect gift for a history buff? Pick up one their White House Collector ornaments, custom designed to honor this state heritage landmark."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out the Presidential Gates at the intersection of Whitehead and Caroline Streets, which only open for dignitaries like Presidents Harry S. Truman, Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The Little White House is decorated for the holidays using their collection of 1940s and 1950s ornaments and Presidential Christmas cards.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: An important piece of national history, this living museum was President Truman's sanctuary and has been painstakingly restored down to the upholstery fabric.