Explore Key West
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Price Range: $$$
An upscale Caribbean-American restaurant, Louie's Backyard has been a go-to spot for al fresco dining since 1971. Their weekend brunch menu offers something for every palate starting with coconut-lime... Read More
An upscale Caribbean-American restaurant, Louie's Backyard has been a go-to spot for al fresco dining since 1971. Their weekend brunch menu offers something for every palate starting with coconut-lime eclairs and ending with Key West pink shrimp Benedict. In between, you can roam the culinary world with Cuban pork cemitas, Bahamian conch chowder and Asian chicken salad. Check out their brunch cocktail menu, which not only features the usual suspects, like bloody marys and mimosas, but also sangria, mojitos and Louie's lemonade. Their extended deck overlooking the Atlantic will tempt you to linger over just one more mimosa.
- Brunch: "The word is out on Louie's; make a reservation well in advance."
- Waterfront Dining, Seafood, Romantic Dining: "For a more casual atmosphere, head upstairs to the wine bar and sample small plates of roasted clams or Ouzo shrimp."
- Outdoor Dining: "If you visit in the evening you will want to plan your meal around the spectacular sunset."
- Best for Brunch Because: The weekend brunch at Louie's Backyard is always hopping with its Caribbean-American menu and ocean views.
- Best for Waterfront Dining, Seafood Because: An upscale Caribbean-American restaurant, Louie's unique spin on seafood features specialties like conch fritters spiced with hot pepper jelly.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Although the locals wanted to keep this outdoor restaurant a secret, it's so popular now that you have to book reservations weeks in advance.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: An upscale Caribbean-American restaurant, Louie's has been a go-to spot for date night since 1971 with impeccable service and local seafood.