Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of used in book.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Lush and meticulously maintained, this garden showcases a wide range of tropical plants. Within its 83 acres, palms and cycads flourish, and a 16,000-square-foot conservatory shelters rare specimens.... Read More
Lush and meticulously maintained, this garden showcases a wide range of tropical plants. Within its 83 acres, palms and cycads flourish, and a 16,000-square-foot conservatory shelters rare specimens. The Fairchild also offers a butterfly garden, an arboretum and a rainforest, and it also houses a world-renowned research facility. Leisurely strolls through the grounds are sure to provoke plenty of "oohs and aahs," and you may gain inspiration for your own little patch of paradise back home. There are also often art installations by world-renowned artists like Dale Chihuly, plus moonlight tours and movie nights. A small museum, gift shop and cafe take care of practical needs. Free tram tours run on the hour.
- Daily 9am-4:30pm
- Adult (18+) $20; Senior (65+) $15; Child (6-17) $10
- Holiday Attractions, Best Attractions & Activities: "The Fairchild hosts free admission days in the summer, which are worth looking. They also host daily butterfly releases in their Wings of the Tropics exhibit, which kids will especially love."
- Romantic Things to Do: "The Fairchild hosts free admission days in the summer; worth it considering the general cost of admission."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Attending this year's holiday concert at the Fairchild happens on December 17th, and features seasonal faves and ample room for a classy, festive picnic.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Our largest botanical garden offers a nice, serene change of pace from the usual Miami tourist experience.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Flowers...butterflies...plenty of opportunities to be alone in nature with your love? Lots of room for romance to bloom here.