Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
Lush and meticulously maintained, this garden showcases a wide range of tropical plants. Within its 83 acres, palms and cycads flourish, and a 16,000-square-foot conservatory shelters rare specimens.... Read More
Lush and meticulously maintained, this garden showcases a wide range of tropical plants. Within its 83 acres, palms and cycads flourish, and a 16,000-square-foot conservatory shelters rare specimens. The Fairchild also offers a butterfly garden, an arboretum and a rainforest, and it also houses a world-renowned research facility. Leisurely strolls through the grounds are sure to provoke plenty of "oohs and aahs," and you may gain inspiration for your own little patch of paradise back home. There are also often art installations by world-renowned artists like Dale Chihuly, plus moonlight tours and movie nights. A small museum, gift shop and cafe take care of practical needs. Free tram tours run on the hour.
- Daily 10am-4pm
- Adult (18+) $20; Senior (65+) $15; Child (6-17) $10
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you have youngsters who love dinosaurs, check out the current Jurassic Garden exhibit open through July 18th."
- Romantic Things to Do: "The Fairchild hosts free admission days in the summer; worth it considering the general cost of admission."
- Things to Do in December: "Feel free to arrive hungry for NightGarden as plenty of Miami's top food trucks will also be in attendance."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Outdoor attractions are all the rage these days, and with over 80 acres of lush garden to explore, Fairchild is one of the best.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Flowers...butterflies...plenty of opportunities to be alone in nature with your love? Lots of room for romance to bloom at this Botanic Garden.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Fairchild's enchanted NightGarden is a magical evening of lights and and magic brought to life (from Talking Tree to Flying Fairies and then some).