Type: Shopping Districts
In the Design District, new trends are being set every day. The neighborhood is a conglomeration of design outlets, art galleries, home decor stores, antique shops, restaurants and clubs. In recent... Read More
In the Design District, new trends are being set every day. The neighborhood is a conglomeration of design outlets, art galleries, home decor stores, antique shops, restaurants and clubs. In recent years, the city's creative contingent has migrated here, and it's becoming a popular tourist destination. Stores devoted to design and architecture occupy warehouse-like fronts in an area between North Miami Avenue and North Second Avenue. Although the district covers just a few blocks, it offers a wealth of shopping and design opportunities. You'll find well-known luxury brands like Bvlgari, Christian Louboutin, Prada, Hermes, Cartier, Burberry and Rolex alongside design shops like Threadcount, Moroso, Luminaire Lab, and Alessi.
- Best Shopping: "Don't come here without some serious cash. Shops in the Design District are high-quality with even higher price tags."
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "Get here early as shops rarely stay open in the later afternoon or evenings."
- Christmas Shopping: "Looking to impress your folks? Get them a piece of designer furniture or an off-the-runway outfit from one of these luxury shops."
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Versace to Valentino, Prada to Miu Miu, it's all top of the line luxury shopping in th Design District, and worth every penny.
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: The Design District caters to its namesake: designers and design lovers. You won't find better, classier, more unique design shops anywhere else.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: With high-end, specialty, and one-of-a-kind shops, it's the place to go to shop for that person on your list who already has everything.