Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
Type: Museums, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums
Those who grew up in Miami in the 80s and 90s have fond memories of field trips and visits to the old Miami Science Museum. But these days, we're more than thrilled to take the next generation to... Read More
Those who grew up in Miami in the 80s and 90s have fond memories of field trips and visits to the old Miami Science Museum. But these days, we're more than thrilled to take the next generation to visit the newer iteration: The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science. Located in the heart of downtown Miami, this 250,000-square-foot museum features a variety of experiences and exhibitions dedicated to science and innovation. Ocean lovers will be thrilled by the multi-level Aquarium, each level dedicated to different habitats and a variety of aquatic creatures from mahi-mahi and mangroves, to coral reefs and jellyfish, and beyond. The 250-seat Planetarium is the perfect place to see the planets, stars, and galaxies in a whole new way. And what science museum would be complete without a few dinosaurs? Visitors will love learning all about Pterosaurs--the flying reptilian creatures that once roamed the earth--in the current Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs exhibit, the largest exhibition of its kind in the States (open through September).
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $29.95; Child (3-11) $21.95; Child (2 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check the weather report prior to visiting. One of the Aquarium levels and the rooftop terraces are both exposed so you'll want to be prepared with weather-appropriate clothing and sunscreen."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Check out their website to learn more about summer camps, homeschooling events, science-themed birthday parties, and more fun opportunities for young visitors."
- Museums: "Visit their social media pages often for updates on museum-related events around town plus news on when its doors will finally open to the public."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Science is more important than ever these days and the Frost is committed to raising a new generation of thinkers, explorers, and innovators with is fun and interactive exhibitions.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Since moving downtown, the revamped Museum of Science has become a true favorite among Miami-area families thanks to its interactive exhibits and a stellar aquarium.