Located in Kimpton's Epic Hotel, this restaurant's setting affords skyline views of both Miami (to the north and west) and Biscayne Bay (to the east and south) that guests find truly... Read More
Located in Kimpton's Epic Hotel, this restaurant's setting affords skyline views of both Miami (to the north and west) and Biscayne Bay (to the east and south) that guests find truly breathtaking--that is, if they aren't too focused on the incredible cuisine. Executive Chef Wolfgang Birk gleans most of his seafare--items such as jumbo lump crab salad with spicy seared watermelon, heirloom tomato, avocado, mint and basil or yellowfin tuna with mixed grains, smoked black beans, shrimp guacamole and ginger juice--either locally or from the region of the ocean for which the restaurant is named, Area 31, one of the only self-sustaining spots that is said to be left in the ocean. Meat and pasta dishes are just as delicious and contain sustainable items from nearby farms and other trusted sources. So not only should you leave you leave your diet at home, but drop your guilt behind, too.
- Romantic Dining, Seafood: "Visit on Fridays for their "Chase The Clock" happy hour, when all drinks and snacks are priced according to the hour from 5 p.m. to close ($5 at 5 p.m., $6 at 6 p.m., etc.)."
- Outdoor Dining: "Make sure to look out onto the Miami Circle from the outdoor patio–"it's one of the city's most important archaeological sites!"
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Crazy About You is perfect for date nights because it hits all the right buttons: on the water, delicious and varied cuisine, and inexpensive wine.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: When choosing a great outdoor restaurant, you'll want spectacular views, good service, and excellent food. Area 31's got all three in spades.
- Best for Seafood Because: Breath-taking views and their commitment to sustainable seafood practices make this place a must on our list.
Find the 10Best nearby: