Also Featured In
Robert Is Here
Type: Attractions, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Farms / Ranches, Outdoor Activities, Recreational Facilities, Uniquely Here, Zoos
This Homestead fruit stand, established by Robert Moehling in 1959 when he stood street-side selling cucumbers for his father, is a Miami institution. Here, you can stock up on all manner of tropical... Read More
This Homestead fruit stand, established by Robert Moehling in 1959 when he stood street-side selling cucumbers for his father, is a Miami institution. Here, you can stock up on all manner of tropical fruits� papayas, sapote, anon, jackfruit, avocado� as well as Haden, Kent and Keitt mangos (in season). In addition to offering tropical and citrus fruits and vegetables, the store stocks sweet, savory and spicy preserves and pickles as well as homemade salsas and sauces, and visitors. When you first arrive, make sure to order a key lime, guava, dragon fruit or passion fruit milkshake to sip as you roam the shelves or head outside to visit with the animals; Robert and his family keep emus, goats, geese, tortoises and donkeys, and even have a park for picnics and a splash fountain exhibit on the premises. Robert Is Here opens for the season in November and typically closes in late August.
- Free Things to Do: "Stop at Robert Is Here, a tropical fruit stand with awesome milkshakes and a petting zoo in back, on the way down to or back from the Keys."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "This is a great attraction to hit up if you're en route to or from the Keys."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Stop at Robert Is Here, a tropical fruit stand with awesome milk shakes and a petting zoo in back, on the way down to or back from the Keys."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Make the trip with your littles and have them enjoy the free petting zoo and splash pad outback. Milkshakes are $5 though.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Fresh produce, homemade goods, delectable milkshakes, plus a free petting zoo and splash pad make Robert's one of the best, most inexpensive attractions in town.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Free petting zoo and free splash pad is great, cheap entertainment for the kiddos, especially combined with a tasty, $5 milkshake.