Also Featured In
The Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science (formerly known as the Miami Museum of Science) has not yet opened, but from the plans we've seen, it will certainly be even more impressive than its... Read More
The Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science (formerly known as the Miami Museum of Science) has not yet opened, but from the plans we've seen, it will certainly be even more impressive than its former location by Vizcaya. Like before, the new museum will have many hands-on and interactive exhibits for children and adults, a 500,000-gallon, multi-level Gulf Stream aquarium, plus moon roof and sun roof garden areas which will also be used as event spaces, an exploration center featuring permanent interactive exhibits: Feathers to the Stars and The River of Grass (a space dedicated to children), a special exhibition gallery, and of course, what is sure to be a most impressive state-of-the-art full-dome planetarium.
- Daily 10am-6pm
- Adult $14.95; Senior (62+) $10.95; Student $10.95; Child (3-12) $10.95; Child (2 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you're a Miami-Dade resident, make sure to show your ID for an extra discount on admission."
- Museums: "Visit their social media pages often for updates on museum-related events around town plus news on when its doors will finally open to the public."
- Things to Do with Kids: "The museum has recently closed its doors in preparation for its move to Downtown Miami and will re-open in 2016."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Our local science museum received a much needed facelift thanks to the Frosts. It now resides in downtown, and features an aquarium, planetarium, and more.
- Best for Museums Because: While not yet completed, nostalgia for its former iteration and high hopes for this new museum require us to keep it on our list.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The museum has always been a special place for learning and fun for kids of all ages and will no doubt continue to be so once it re-opens in 2016 with new features like its Gulf Stream aquarium, state-of-the-art full-dome Planetarium, Innovation Center and Cafe, and an Exploration Center featuring permanent interactive exhibits: Feathers to the Stars and The River of Grass.