Also Featured In
The Museum of Science has always been a top attraction for kids growing up in Miami, but in recent years, its undergone a full makeover that has left today's families beyond pleased. The new Patricia... Read More
The Museum of Science has always been a top attraction for kids growing up in Miami, but in recent years, its undergone a full makeover that has left today's families beyond pleased. The new Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science now has not only numerous hands-on exhibits, but also boasts the 250-seat Frost Planetarium as well as the incredibly impressive three-story aquarium complete with an oculus lens through which kids can look up at tuna, sharks, and more. Additionally, the newer museum features the Knight Learning Center (a space for STEM-related educational programs), various camps and overnight experiences, and more.
- Daily 10am-6pm
- Adult $14.95; Senior (62+) $10.95; Student $10.95; Child (3-12) $10.95; Child (2 and under) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Get your tickets online to avoid waiting in lines (especially on weekends), and opt for mornings when visitors aren't as plentiful."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you're a Miami-Dade resident, make sure to show your ID for an extra discount on admission."
- Museums: "Visit their social media pages often for updates on museum-related events around town plus news on when its doors will finally open to the public."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Since moving downtown, the revamped Museum of Science has become a true favorite among Miami-area families thanks to its interactive exhibits and a stellar aquarium.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Our local science museum received a much needed facelift thanks to the Frosts. It now resides in downtown, and features an aquarium, planetarium, and more.
- Best for Museums Because: While not yet completed, nostalgia for its former iteration and high hopes for this new museum require us to keep it on our list.