Also Featured In
The original Ball & Chain opened in 1935, when Calle Ocho was simply known as the Tamiami Trail, through which farmers would send oranges and other crops east to the Downtown Miami area. It has... Read More
The original Ball & Chain opened in 1935, when Calle Ocho was simply known as the Tamiami Trail, through which farmers would send oranges and other crops east to the Downtown Miami area. It has survived decades of reinvention, calling itself at one time the Ball & Chain Tavern, and serving as a venue for legendary performers like Billie Holiday and Chet Baker. These days, the Ball & Chain is once again serving as a live music and dance venue, with a full bar, a fine drink menu, and tapas for when the mood strikes. While they're still just starting out, there's no doubt that larger acts will be hitting the stage here in no time.
- Best Nightlife, Bars, Live Music: "Keep an eye on this up-and-coming venue and visit often. Great acts are already on the bill and it's only a matter of time before this place blows up."
- Dance Clubs: "Get here early to start your dance night off with a delicious Cuban dinner, then order drinks and hit the dance floor!"
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Ball and Chain is quickly becoming a choice location for quality parties featuring excellent live bands, exceptional cocktails, and non-stop dancing.
- Best for Bars Because: Between their awesome happy hours and relaxed attitude, this no-frills joint is exemplary of what most bars should aspire to.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: Ball and Chain has proven itself to be one of the best places in town to dance sans pretension, with incredible cocktails to boot.
- Best for Live Music Because: Ball and Chain's vibe can't be beat and considering it's in a less popular side of town, it's still easy to get to the stage.