Also Featured In
Museum of Contemporary Art
Type: Art Museums, Museums
Long before Wynwood became an international art-hub, before places like the PAMM opened it's doors, the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami was doing its part to bring contemporary art into the... Read More
Long before Wynwood became an international art-hub, before places like the PAMM opened it's doors, the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami was doing its part to bring contemporary art into the lives of all Miamians. Opened in 1996, the museum in its current state is now entering its 24th year and puts on 8 to 10 exhibitions annually. Notable artists like Anna Gaskell, Louise Bourgeois, Roy Lichtenstein, Annette Messager, and Frank Stella have all enjoyed either exhibitions or solo shows of their work in the halls of the MoCA NoMi. The museum also hosts a number of programs geared at making art more accessible to the community, including Contemporary Art Boot Camp lectures, after-school drawing classes for teens, and Arts for All hands-on art classes for adults.
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Adult $5; Senior $3; Student $3; Child (11 and under) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "Check out MoCa's two current exhibitions, featuring the work of Hispanic women artists â" Alice Rahon's "Poetic Invocations" and Cecilia VicuÃ±a's "About to Happen" Both will be on view from Nov. 26 through March 29, 2020."
- Museums: "Hit up the free jazz concerts held once a month on Fridays, and make sure to bring a picnic while you're at it."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Spend date night wandering the galleries hand-in-hand, then cozy up on a blanket under the stars for MOCA's free outdoor jazz concert, every last Friday.
- Best for Museums Because: Few museums offer free admission along with a noteworthy concert once a month. This coupled with their often edgy exhibitions makes the MOCA a must.