Museum of Contemporary Art
Type: Art Museums, Museums
The Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami first opened to the public in 1996. The facility has 23,000 square feet of exhibition space, and houses more than 400 permanent installations from artists... Read More
The Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami first opened to the public in 1996. The facility has 23,000 square feet of exhibition space, and houses more than 400 permanent installations from artists such as Larry Rivers, Claes Oldenburg, and Jasper Johns. With eight to ten changing exhibits annually, even more artists are represented. Special programs on offer include a jazz concert series on the last Friday of every month, workshops for kids and adults, lectures and discussions with artists like Frank Stella, video and film screenings, and classical music concerts. The Museum Shop is open during regular museum hours.
- Wed: Noon-7pm
- Thu-Sun: 10am-5pm
- Adult $5; Senior $3; Student $3; Child (11 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "Hit up the free jazz concerts held once a month on Fridays, and make sure to bring a picnic while you're at it."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Check out MoCa's two current exhibitions, featuring the work of Hispanic women artists â" Alice Rahon's "Poetic Invocations" and Cecilia VicuÃ±a's "About to Happen" Both will be on view from Nov. 26 through March 29, 2020."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: MOCA's commitment to innovative art and education that inspires and challenges the community at large is second to none.
- Best for Museums Because: Few museums offer free admission along with a noteworthy concert once a month. This coupled with their often edgy exhibitions makes the MOCA a must.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Spend date night wandering the galleries hand-in-hand, then cozy up on a blanket under the stars for MOCA's free outdoor jazz concert, every last Friday.
Find the 10Best nearby: