Type: Late Night / After Hours, Lounge
Avoid the crowds on Ocean Drive and head to Purdy's, an off-the-beaten-path location with a loyal following. If the scene grows old or if you are simply not in the mood for the nocturnal fray, Purdy's... Read More
Avoid the crowds on Ocean Drive and head to Purdy's, an off-the-beaten-path location with a loyal following. If the scene grows old or if you are simply not in the mood for the nocturnal fray, Purdy's offers just the antidote. The lounge has an appealing retro rec-room aesthetic � you'll think you've entered your best friend's basement circa 1975. (Think lava lamps, funky chairs and assorted board games!) Play some checkers, backgammon, or even good ole Connect Four as you enjoy a pleasant mix of music and some of the lowest drink prices around.
- Mon-Fri: 3pm-5am
- Sat-Sun: 6:30pm-5am
- No cover charge
- Best Nightlife: "The off-the-beaten-path lounge offers '70s aesthetics, classic board games, low drink prices."
- Gay Clubs: "Make sure to get to LadyLove nights at 10pm promptly to take advantage of their open bar."
- Lounges: "If you want to party on SoBe till late but don't want to go broke, Purdy is your place."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Long-time SoBe staple Purdy delivers consistently good parties year-round. A favorite among locals and a welcome surprise for tourists.
- Best for Gay Clubs Because: While Miami lacks a dedicated lesbian bar, the always welcoming Purdy Lounge is even more girl-friendly on LezChic LadyLove Wednesday nights.
- Best for Lounges Because: While Purdy has been a long-standing contender for best lounge, it continues to impress locals and tourists alike with it's casual attitude and unbeatable tunes.