Type: Attractions, Theme Parks, Zoos
Tropical birds have the run of this unusual island park off MacArthur Causeway. Approximately 1,100 macaws, parrots and other winged residents join giant reptiles and exotic primates to impart special... Read More
Tropical birds have the run of this unusual island park off MacArthur Causeway. Approximately 1,100 macaws, parrots and other winged residents join giant reptiles and exotic primates to impart special character to the attraction. Although the 18 landscaped acres showcase some 500 species of plants and flowers, don't come expecting peace and quiet. Some of the opinionated inhabitants are neither shy nor retiring. Though it's noisy, the sight of a parrot riding a miniature bike is enough to make even the most jaded visitor smile. Other shows include Winged Wonders (singing Amazons and Andean condors), Reptile Giants (snakes, alligators, crocodiles) and Wild Encounters (apes, tigers, even a liger).
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Adult (11-64) $32.95; Senior (65+) $30.95; Child (3-10) $24.95; Child (2 and under) Free
- Things to Do in December: "This colorful nighttime event features daily acrobat shows, bird shows, food trucks, and even a Moet Champagne lounge. Drop by on weekends for additional live music and roving entertainment."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Jungle Island has been closed for a few months after last hurricane season, but is expected to open up this Spring, so keep your eyes peeled for news!"
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: The Luminosa Festival of Lights is a magical treat featuring hundreds of gorgeous, hand-crafted Chinese lanterns illuminating the animal residents of Jungle Island each evening.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Photo ops abound at Jungle Island, especially with all the birds literally flying overhead. They've also got a great petting zoo.