Also Featured In
Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park
Type: Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Water
Recognized as one of the best beaches in the US, the sandy shore at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is all-natural and devoid of the high-rise backdrop and development of most of the other local... Read More
Recognized as one of the best beaches in the US, the sandy shore at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is all-natural and devoid of the high-rise backdrop and development of most of the other local beaches. A nature trail leads to an observation tower at the beach's north end. Fishermen head to the pass to hook into fish being flushed out of the Cocohatchee River. This is a popular park, but you can usually find parking in one of the many lots if you arrive early enough. The park posts a sign when it is full, but there's another parking lot less than a quarter mile away if you don't mind walking. Picnic areas have grills, restrooms and showers.
- Daily 8am-sunset
Entry Per Vehicle $6
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is Naples' most naturally preserved beach equally loved by nature buffs and sun worshippers -recently named to Dr. Beach's top ten list of beaches.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The observation tower and ranger programs add dimension to a family day at the beach.
- Best for Beaches Because: This is one of Naples' most naturally preserved beaches.
- Best for Parks Because: This is Naples' most natural Gulf of Mexico Beach - a great place for fishing and bird-watching.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Naples most natural beach encourages visitors to engage in and learn about nature.