Also Featured In
Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park
Type: Beaches, Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Water
Recognized as one of the best beaches in the US, the sandy shore at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is all-natural and devoid of the high rises and development of most of the other local beaches. A... Read More
Recognized as one of the best beaches in the US, the sandy shore at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park is all-natural and devoid of the high rises and development of most of the other local beaches. A nature trail leads to an observation tower at the beach's north end. Fishermen head to the pass to hook into fish being flushed out of the Cocohatchee River. This is a popular park, but you can usually find parking in one of the many lots if you arrive early enough. The park posts a sign on the road leading to it when it is full, but there's another parking lot less than a quarter mile away if you don't mind walking. Picnic areas have grills, restrooms and showers.
- Daily 8am-sunset
Entry Per Vehicle $6
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The observation tower and ranger programs add dimension to a family day at the beach.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is Naples' most naturally preserved beach equally loved by nature buffs and sun worshippers -recently named to Dr. Beach's top ten list of beaches.
- Best for Beaches Because: This is one of Naples' most naturally preserved beaches.
- Best for Parks Because: This is Naples' most natural Gulf of Mexico Beach - a great place for fishing and bird-watching.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Naples most natural beach encourages visitors to engage in and learn about nature.