Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Naples Marco Island Everglades CVB
Photo courtesy of Chelle Koster Walton
Naples Municipal Beach and Pier
A staple in the community for more than 100 years, the Naples Fishing Pier is a must-see attraction close to the downtown goings-on around Third Street South. Once the entry point for those who... Read More
A staple in the community for more than 100 years, the Naples Fishing Pier is a must-see attraction close to the downtown goings-on around Third Street South. Once the entry point for those who arrived in Naples by boat, the main mode of transportation in the early days, today its importance lies in the recreational rather than practical realm. Six miles of flawless, white sand met by aquamarine waves lull beach bums into relaxation. Bring a rod to try fishing off the pier, or just watch as others reel in their catches. The pier never closes, and it's the perfect spot to watch the setting sun dip into the endless sea. It's a nightly ritual for fishermen, strollers, lovers and pelicans.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Combine a walk on the beach with a visit to local shops, bars and restaurants such as casual Old Naples Pub or fine-dining Ridgeway Bar & Grill."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Combine a walk on the beach with a visit to nearby Third Street South's shops, bars and restaurants."
- Beaches: "Combine a walk on the beach with a visit to the local shops, bars and restaurants of the Third Street South neighborhood."
- Parks, Outdoor Activities: "Park for free in the lot off 14th Avenue and combine a walk on the beach with a visit to local shops, bars and restaurants."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Not only is it Naples' most central and popular beach, but its historic pier also anchors the town to its past.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Sunset at the Naples Pier is de rigueur for lovers.
- Best for Beaches Because: Steps from the downtown area, the Naples Pier makes this the city's most frequented.
- Best for Parks Because: Arguably Naples' best known and most visited beach, it is convenient to downtown and great for fishing.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Beach goers get outdoors to enjoy fishing, swimming and walking the gorgeous sands.