An out-of-the-box steakhouse, its courtyard seating area turns into a hot music and dance arena as night falls. It also touts its reputation for craft cocktails, some of which fill glass orbs... Read More
An out-of-the-box steakhouse, its courtyard seating area turns into a hot music and dance arena as night falls. It also touts its reputation for craft cocktails, some of which fill glass orbs overhanging the outdoor bar. They include the Continental Innovation, blended with Death's Door gin, Cocchi Americano Bianco, Carpano Bianco and grapefruit bitters. Made to order craft cocktails include a Sazarac stirred with Old Overholt rye whiskey, yellow chartreuse, absinthe and Peychaud's bitters; and The Church Key - Four Roses small batch bourbon, blueberry-sage shrub and lemon. The Continental's savvy wine menu lists 20 by the glass and covers every genre of wine bottled. Bar and late-night menus serve out-of-the-ordinary bar food until midnight.
- Jazz Clubs, Live Music: "The award-winning Follow the White Rabbit cocktail blends citrus vodka, triple sec, fresh raspberries and rosemary, and pickled blackberries."
- Best Nightlife: "Check the web site for bar and wine specials and live entertainment schedule."
- Bars: "The Continental's burger blends scraps from its fine steaks. Divine!"
- Wine Bars: "Thursday night is Half-Price Wine Night for bottles under $100."
- Best for Jazz Clubs Because: It hosts live music Tuesday through Saturday nights during season.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: It has the hottest nightlife spot in the Third Street South area.
- Best for Live Music Because: In season, The Continental hosts live music nightly in its courtyard.
- Best for Bars Because: The Continental is known for its craft cocktails and impressive wine list, plus there's live entertainment.
- Best for Wine Bars Because: Its wine list is not only wide ranged, it is also thoughtfully curated and uniquely organized.