Also Featured In
Wekiwa Springs State Park
Type: Family Friendly, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Relaxing, Tours and Excursions, Water, Water Sports
Explore Florida's natural beauty at Wekiwa Springs State Park. Hike through wild, diverse ecosystems, paddle the famous Wekiva River, or camp beneath the stars. Wekiwa Springs offers nature lovers the... Read More
Explore Florida's natural beauty at Wekiwa Springs State Park. Hike through wild, diverse ecosystems, paddle the famous Wekiva River, or camp beneath the stars. Wekiwa Springs offers nature lovers the opportunity to experience a part of Florida that is all too quickly vanishing �" and just minutes from the theme park area. Bring your camera, because wild turkey, black bear, deer, and many species of birds call this park home. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent and guided tours are available. Those interested in exploring the area on horseback may do so on weekends (minimum age: 6). Guided trail rides are $25/per person and run about an hour long.
- Daily 8am-Sunset
- Camping Call for Details; $4 - $24
- Things to Do in Fall: "Leashed pets are welcome on the trails, so bring Fido along for the hike."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Temperate weather makes for time well spent in the woods of Wekiwa, whether walking, riding, swimming or paddling.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This diverse state park is an excellent break from the manufactured delights of the city. Come see what real Florida looks like.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: With so much gorgeous terrain and so many different activities available, Wekiwa Springs State Park offers something for every level of "outdoors-person."