Also Featured In
Type: Bar, Dance Club, Live Music
Consistently voted a favorite live-music venue by critics and locals alike, the Social's laid-back vibe, efficient barkeeps and relatively intimate space draw an eclectic crowd of music lovers, be it... Read More
Consistently voted a favorite live-music venue by critics and locals alike, the Social's laid-back vibe, efficient barkeeps and relatively intimate space draw an eclectic crowd of music lovers, be it blues, folk, rock, metal, reggae... Really, anything goes. With quality sound and an unpretentious atmosphere, the Social hosts big-name acts along with local and regional favorites, making it an ideal venue not only to catch your favorite acts but discover new ones on the nights your live music craving won't go unsated. The Social also features regular and semi-regular genre-driven nights. Salsa Sundays, for example, feature DJ Frankie spinning salsa, merengue and bachata with an open premium bar for a flat cover. Salud!
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- $5 - $25; Cover Charge Depends on Day
- Live Music: "On a busy night, your best bet for a faster drink is at the second bar in the back."
- Under 21 Clubs: "Not 18 yet? No worries? Bring mom, dad, your cool aunt or awesome older brother. Many shows (not all, so check the calendar to be sure) allow music lovers as young as 12 to attend."
- Night Clubs: "The Social is cash-only at the door on show nights. Come prepared or get your tickets ahead of time."
- Best for Live Music Because: The Social is where locals catch hot nationals, old favorites and burgeoning bands from ska to speed metal.
- Best for Under 21 Clubs Because: The Social's eclectic calendar and liberal minimum-age policy means even kids who need to bring their parents can enjoy the city's music scene.
- Best for Night Clubs Because: So much history. So much great music. Check the Social's calendar and it's a given you'll find something you want to check out.