Also Featured In
Yellow Dog Eats
Cuisine: American, Barbecue, Deli
Price Range: $
This charming, off-the-beaten-path venue is charming and rustic, evocative of some diamond-in-the-rough surprise you'd stumble upon while road tripping. Its food is surprising, too. Sandwiches,... Read More
This charming, off-the-beaten-path venue is charming and rustic, evocative of some diamond-in-the-rough surprise you'd stumble upon while road tripping. Its food is surprising, too. Sandwiches, salads, scrumptious starters and a whole lotta barbecue. A host of offerings showcase piles of YDE's signature pulled pork, including the Fire Pig (a wrap with apple wood-smoked bacon, gouda, fried onions and sriracha) and the Rufus (pork topped with thick-cut Brie, cherry ring peppers and topped with raspberry melba sauce). Ribs are available by the half-rack, as well. And YDE's house slaw is a sweet, tangy treat. Live music in the restaurant's outdoor beer garden adds ear candy to the menu.
- Barbecue: "Get a side of the coleslaw with cranberries, nuts and a little spice – a YDE tradition."
- Outdoor Dining: "Vegans, don't let the smell of the smoker put you off (or tempt you!), Try the Downward Dog wrap or any number of excellent options."
- Homestyle: "Comfort food lovers, rejoice! Tuesday is mac & cheese day, all day long."
- Best for Barbecue Because: Pulled pork? Check. Live music? Check. Great beer and wine to pair with? Check. YDE ticks all the boxes.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: With excellent food for carnivores, vegans and everyone in between and an exceptionally charming patio, YDE is an outdoor-dining natural.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Pulled pork, piled high, in a multitude of alluring combos is No. 1. YDE's unique, friendly setting and vibe is No. 2.