Mennello Museum of American Art
Type: Art & Culture, Art Museums, Family Friendly, Museums
Yet another cultural gem of Orlando's Loch Haven Park, the Mennello Museum of American Art is housed in what was once a private home, creating an intimate space for a wide array of exhibitions. The... Read More
Yet another cultural gem of Orlando's Loch Haven Park, the Mennello Museum of American Art is housed in what was once a private home, creating an intimate space for a wide array of exhibitions. The Mennello features American art of all genres and is home to a permanent collection of paintings by "primitive" artist Earl Cunningham (1893-1977). Outside, a lakeside sculpture garden is yet another of its caches, and also where the Mennello hosts the annual Orlando Folk Festival, held the second week in February. The Mennello has a rich calendar of events; many are appropriate for kids and families. Be sure to give it a look.
900 E. Princeton St.
Orlando, FL 32803
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $5; Senior $4; Student $1; Military Free; Child (6-18) $1; Child (0-6) Free
- Museums: "Every second Sunday of the month is Free Family Funday. From 12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m., families can enjoy a miniature fine art project and free docent touring. The galleries stay open until 4:30 p.m."
- Best for Museums Because: This city-owned museum was established to preserve, exhibit and interpret the collection of paintings by Earl Cunningham.
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Loch Haven Park is home to a wealth of cultural venues – and also a beautiful oak-shaded park ideal for family photo-ops and picnics."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: American art is alive with color and whimsy, and therefore very child-friendly. The Mennello Museum's roster of kid-centric events make it even more so.