Also Featured In
Maxine's on Shine
Cuisine: American, Eclectic, European, Italian
Price Range: $$
One of the beauties of brunch is that it's something of a "Vulcan Meal Meld," giving foodies the option of cobbling together goodies they love for breakfast with fare they generally eat at lunch or... Read More
One of the beauties of brunch is that it's something of a "Vulcan Meal Meld," giving foodies the option of cobbling together goodies they love for breakfast with fare they generally eat at lunch or dinner. Maxine's is no different, offering seasonal salads and seafood in the same breath as decadent, creative omelets, Benedicts and waffles. Though Maxine's on Shine is a delightful place for date night cocktails and dinner and live music, it retains its cozy, eclectic, neighborhood vibe â" not to mention gracious hosts and staff --- in broad daylight, as well. That's why they call their brunch a "Rejucination." And if you're booked on Sunday, pop in for brunch on Saturday instead!
- Brunch: "Lovers of the brunch-time Bloody will want to sample their spicy take, which comes not merely with a beer floater and bacon, but a smoked shrimp-and-olive skewer. Viva la decadence!"
- Romantic Dining: "Are you a couple whose preferred romantic outings include a pooch? Maxine's patio is dog-friendly."
- Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants: "Maxine's patio is pooch-friendly. Bring Rover if you're so inclined!"
- Best for Brunch Because: Vibe, location, food: Maxine's has it all and gives considerable due to brunch's wonderful tradition of day drinking. Belly up!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Fancy-schmancy isn't the only game in town for romance. Maxine's offers up a friendly, quirky, local version you might want to try out.
- Best for Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants Because: Quirky and quaint with good food and and a festive vibe, Maxine's is an easy, worth it walk-to from Thornton Park.