Also Featured In
Maxine's on Shine
Cuisine: American, Eclectic, European, Italian
Price Range: $$
We can't deny that grand hotels, with their opulence and elegance and servers wearing ties, can be romantic. But we're also fans of small neighborhood joints where live music and an oft-convivial vibe... Read More
We can't deny that grand hotels, with their opulence and elegance and servers wearing ties, can be romantic. But we're also fans of small neighborhood joints where live music and an oft-convivial vibe can make a pair on a date feel simultaneously a part of something, yet wonderfully invisible amid the good-natured revelry. Maxine's is a cozy, lively place that may inspire a couple to move in for close talking over a bottle of wine and a bowl of buttery, garlicky drunken mussels (just make sure you both have it!). Regular "Parlour Nights" with live jazz (and classical, Latin and classic rock) piano and a twinkly-lit patio don't hurt, either.
- Romantic Dining: "Are you a couple whose preferred romantic outings include a pooch? Maxine's patio is dog-friendly."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Fancy-schmancy isn't the only game in town for romance. Maxine's offers up a friendly, quirky, local version you might want to try out.
- Brunch: "Lovers of the brunch-time Bloody will want to sample their spicy take, which comes not merely with a beer floater and bacon, but a smoked shrimp-and-olive skewer. Viva la decadence!"
- Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants: "Maxine's patio is pooch-friendly. Bring Rover if you're so inclined!"
- Best for Brunch Because: Vibe, location, food: Maxine's has it all and gives considerable due to brunch's wonderful tradition of day drinking. Belly up!
- Best for Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants Because: Quirky and quaint with good food and and a festive vibe, Maxine's is an easy, worth it walk-to from Thornton Park.