Harry P. Leu Gardens
Type: Gardens, Outdoor Activities
Escape the craziness of the city and spend a delightful fall day among a 50-acre botanical garden just minutes from downtown Orlando. Harry P. Leu Gardens has been a fixture in the city since 1961... Read More
Escape the craziness of the city and spend a delightful fall day among a 50-acre botanical garden just minutes from downtown Orlando. Harry P. Leu Gardens has been a fixture in the city since 1961 since its namesake and his wife, Mary Jane, donated the garden and historical home. It's open every day, except Christmas, from 9 a.m. –" 5 p.m. It cost $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 4 –" 17 and free for children 3 and under. From now through October families can take part on an alphabet hunt. Download the scavenger hunt online and then wind your way through the gardens where you'll explore different plants and discover all the letters of the alphabet. The scavenger hunt is included in the price of admission.
- Gardens: Daily 9am-5pm
- Museum (Aug - Jun): Daily 10am-4pm
- Adult $7; Child (5-17) $2; Child (0-4) Free
- Things to Do in Fall: "Check the calendar for special events, like movie night where you can pack a picnic, and even adult beverages, to enjoy a flick on the big screen."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Members get reciprocal privileges or discounts to American Horticultural Society partners, which includes over 300 gardens, arboreta and conservatories nationwide."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Free Things to Do: "Leu Gardens also offers free admission for moms on Mother's Day and dads on Father's Day. Check for plant-sale days, too, on which admission may also be free."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Check the website for special events and the Friday night movie schedule."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The gardens are a beautiful escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: There are always events for the littles, from a fairy door exhibit to movie nights. Check their website for all the info.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is a peaceful escape from city life that has various activities throughout the year.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: I'm no doctor, but I suspect Leu Gardens' 50-acres of botanical splendor may drop your blood pressure a few points on arrival.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The gardens are a perfect escape from the city life.
Find the 10Best nearby:
More unforgettable experiences in Orlando