Also Featured In
Harry P. Leu Gardens
Type: Gardens, Outdoor Activities
Harry P Leu Gardens is a 50-acre botanical oasis just minutes from downtown Orlando. It's peaceful, relaxing and of course beautiful. A stroll through this haven is ideal for date day any day, but you... Read More
Harry P Leu Gardens is a 50-acre botanical oasis just minutes from downtown Orlando. It's peaceful, relaxing and of course beautiful. A stroll through this haven is ideal for date day any day, but you may want to mark your calendar for the first Friday of each month. That's when outdoor movies are shown at 7:30 p.m. Alcohol is permitted so stock up that picnic basket with a bottle of wine (don't forget the bottle opener), some cheese and chocolates and enjoy an evening outside cozied up on a blanket. Admission is $6 for adults. If you want to make it a family date night, the little ones will cost $3 to get in. Check the website for movie listings.
- Gardens: Daily 9am-5pm
- Museum (Aug - Jun): Daily 10am-4pm
- Adult $7; Child (5-17) $2; Child (0-4) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "Depending on the time of year, pack bug spray or a sweater, or both. Florida weather is weird."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Al fresco cinema bumps the typical movie night up a few notches; Leu Gardens' fragrant "theater" is a winner for romance.
- Free Things to Do: "Leu Gardens also offers free admission for moms on Mother's Day and dads on Father's Day. Check for plant-sale days, too, on which admission may also be free."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: I'm no doctor, but I suspect Leu Gardens' 50-acres of botanical splendor may drop your blood pressure a few points on arrival.