Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
Price Range: $$$
It's slick and red, chic and modern with a little vintage essence. It's also downtown which makes it altogether unique on this list, but Kres Chophouse isn't just a pretty face, it offers quality... Read More
It's slick and red, chic and modern with a little vintage essence. It's also downtown which makes it altogether unique on this list, but Kres Chophouse isn't just a pretty face, it offers quality dining the opportunistic carnivore will pair with a show at the nearby Amway Center, live music or dancing at a nearby nightclub (perhaps some flamenco at nearby Ceviche) or even a slow stroll around Lake Eola, which bolsters romance as well as digestion. The Elk and Filet Mixed Grill at Kres -Bucatini Pasta, Asparagus, Roasted Red Peppers, Morel Au Poivre Sauce - makes for a generous sampler entree.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Victoria & Albert's is a venue evocative of an era when dining was an elegant ritual. To call it anything less would be unfair.
- Best for Steakhouses Because: Kres' menu more than matches its rich atmosphere. Try the ribeye (18- or 24-oz.!).Oh, the marbling...!
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Cosmopolitan and on-point, intimate, atmospheric Kres makes you forget you're within a plastic novelty cup's throw of downtown's more touristy drink-and-dine options.
- Restaurants near Amway Center: "More interested in a chic haunt for a cocktail, Kres has you covered (and makes a mean old fashioned)."
- Best for Restaurants near Amway Center Because: Kres is an upscale option for pre-Amway drinks or sumptuous dining and close enough to walk with ease.