Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
From goats at the petting zoo to the super cool insect zoo (your enthusiasm will depend on your comfort level with creepy-crawlies) this Sanford Zoo isn't as small as it may seem. More than 500... Read More
From goats at the petting zoo to the super cool insect zoo (your enthusiasm will depend on your comfort level with creepy-crawlies) this Sanford Zoo isn't as small as it may seem. More than 500 animals representing roughly 200 species call this place home, including elephants, llamas, cheetah, apes and a whole house full of reptiles to ooh and ahh over. Active visitors may want to take a turn on the on-site aerial adventure course and everyone enjoys the weekend Keeper Chats. Who wouldn't want to learn more about the zoo's colorful, beautiful residents?
- Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $16.50; Senior (60+) $13.95; Child (3-12) $11.95; Child (0-2) Free
- Things to Do in Fall: "The Florida bear exhibit is among the zoo's newest additions. Come see the beautiful animals with whom some of us literally share our backyards."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: This is a wonderfully manageable zoo. Ideal for parents looking for an attraction that's as easy to navigate as it is fun and educational.
- Things to Do with Kids: "One exceptional feature of the CF Zoo: lots of pretty, shady places to sit. A plus in any season, but summer in particular."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This charming zoo offers up wondrous animals, many up-close and personal. Active pursuits are in store for the thrill-seekers in your group, as well.