Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Visit Kissimmee, Florida
Type: Attractions, Zoos
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money) with so many amazing parks to visit,... Read More
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money) with so many amazing parks to visit, Gatorland does the day's schedule for you: half spent exploring a park devoted to Florida's most famous native inhabitants, half spent by the resort pool with a cold beverage. Of course, if you want more gator – have at it. Catch Gatorland's animals and handler shows in the afternoon, hit the splash pad with the kids, then try its newest attraction: the Screamin' Gator Zipline, where adventurers soar at speeds approaching 30 m.p.h. over live alligators and crocodiles. There's a nighttime run, as well. Other fun add-ons include the Gator Night Shine and various into-the-swamp jaunts for up-close alligator action. Even with supplemental activities, Gatorland still ranks as a comparative theme-park bargain.
14501 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32837-6699
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Day Pass Adult $26.99; Child (3-12) $18.99; Child (0-2) Free
- Best Theme Parks: "From February through July, bird-watchers and wildlife photographers can enter the park at 7:30 am (Friday- Sunday) by way of a Birder's Pass and enjoy one of the largest, most accessible wading bird rookeries in Florida."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Past visitors take note of new things to come: Gator Joe's Adventure Outpost and Stompin' Gator Off-Road Adventure is slated to open in Fall 2017."
- Recommended as Best Theme Parks Because: Gatorland is fun, fascinating and friendly to both families and since theme parks can be EXPENSIVE, budgets. Win-win-win.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Gatorland is an affordable, fun option where there's lots to do and learn about the most famous native Floridians of the animal kingdom.