Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Visit Kissimmee, Florida
Type: Attractions, Zoos
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree - though increasingly it's upping its game. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money)... Read More
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree - though increasingly it's upping its game. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money) with so many amazing parks to visit, Gatorland does the day's schedule for you: half spent exploring a park devoted to Florida's most famous native inhabitants, half spent by the resort pool with a cold beverage. Of course, if you want more gator - have at it. Catch Gatorland's animals and handler shows in the afternoon, hit the splash pad with the kids, then try the Screamin' Gator Zipline, where adventurers soar at speeds approaching 30 m.p.h. over live alligators and crocodiles. There's a nighttime run, as well. Other fun add-ons include the Gator Night Shine and various into-the-swamp jaunts for up-close alligator action. Even with supplemental activities, Gatorland still ranks as a comparative theme-park bargain.
14501 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32837-6699
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Day Pass Adult $29.99; Child (3-12) $19.99; Child (0-2) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Don't bring outside food; the park rules are strict to prevent the animals from eating things they shouldn't."
- Best Theme Parks: "From February through July, bird-watchers and wildlife photographers can enter the park at 7:30 am (Friday- Sunday) by way of a Birder's Pass and enjoy one of the largest, most accessible wading bird rookeries in Florida."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Gatorland is an affordable, fun option where there's lots to do and learn about the most famous native Floridians of the animal kingdom.
- Recommended as Best Theme Parks Because: Gatorland is fun, fascinating and friendly to both families and since theme parks can be EXPENSIVE, budgets. Win-win-win.