Type: Attractions, Zoos
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree - though increasingly it's upping its game. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money)... Read More
It bills itself as "Orlando's best half-day attraction" and we tend to agree - though increasingly it's upping its game. In a city that often puts people at odds with their budget (time and/or money) with so many amazing parks to visit, Gatorland does the day's schedule for you: half spent exploring a park devoted to Florida's most famous native inhabitants, half spent by the resort pool with a cold beverage. Of course, if you want more gator - have at it. Catch Gatorland's animals and handler shows in the afternoon, hit the splash pad with the kids, then try the Screamin' Gator Zipline, where adventurers soar at speeds approaching 30 m.p.h. over live alligators and crocodiles. There's a nighttime run, as well. Other fun add-ons include the Gator Night Shine and various into-the-swamp jaunts for up-close alligator action. Even with supplemental activities, Gatorland still ranks as a comparative theme-park bargain.
14501 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32837-6699
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Day Pass Adult $29.99; Child (3-12) $19.99; Child (0-2) Free
- Things to Do with Kids: "Check the website. There are usually deals for Florida residents."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Don't bring outside food; the park rules are strict to prevent the animals from eating things they shouldn't."
- Tours and Excursions: "Be warned: Your clothes will get dirty. Wear closed-toed shoes and nothing too baggy."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This has been a gator staple in Orlando since 1949.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Gatorland is an affordable, fun option where there's lots to do and learn about the most famous native Floridians of the animal kingdom.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: There aren't too many places you can learn to be an alligator trainer.
Find the 10Best nearby: