Also Featured In
Soco Thornton Park
Price Range: $$
Soco offers up loads of plated Southern comfort, though its name is actually a representation of Southern contemporary, which means you'll find some down-home diner favorites that have undergone an... Read More
Soco offers up loads of plated Southern comfort, though its name is actually a representation of Southern contemporary, which means you'll find some down-home diner favorites that have undergone an evolution into something more upscale. Think boiled peanut hummus, mac-and-cheese croquettes and chicken and dumplings that infuse the latter with lobster. Its dining room is warm and inviting but its al fresco sidewalk seating infuses meals with a hip, urban vibe that ticks everything up a notch. As appealing for dinner as it is for Sunday brunch or happy hour cocktails, Soco's patio is lively and hip. But the food here is exemplary, and well worth the visit even if the Florida rain is teeming outside.
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Soco's "F-QUE" wings (jumbo and smoked with house-made pepper jelly) aren't just cheeky, they're spicy!"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: For the fall theater season, Soco offers 15 percent off your party's food bill for pre-theater events at all shows.
- Outdoor Dining: "Brunch here puts you just steps from Lake Eola's Sunday Farmer's Market. Hit Soco for eats then walk it off around the lake before checking out the sellers' wares."
- Romantic Dining: "Soco's "F-QUE" wings (jumbo and smoked with house-made pepper jelly) aren't just cheeky, they're spicy!"
- Homestyle, Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants: "In case you were unaware, crab-stuffed deviled duck eggs are a thing. Soco is where you can get them. You should."
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Excellent food and drink, paired with people watching on this lively Thornton Park corner, makes Soco's patio noteworthy.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Whether you sup in its well-appointed interior or opt for an al fresco vibe, Soco is an undeniable winner for date night.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Fried green tomatoes and catfish are as homestyle as it gets. Throw in the Florida-local fare and this longtime Orlando-area fave easily gets a nod.
- Best for Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants Because: With its fantastic, park-friendly location, cosmopolitan vibe and hearty fare. Soco is an solid and upscale option for putting the South in your mouth.