Also Featured In
If we had a 10Best Neighborhoods for day drinking and eating list the areas around Thornton Park would certainly make the roster. And with its outdoor seating (and rustic-modern interior) the Stubborn... Read More
If we had a 10Best Neighborhoods for day drinking and eating list the areas around Thornton Park would certainly make the roster. And with its outdoor seating (and rustic-modern interior) the Stubborn Mule would get a mention. Brunch sort of screams "let's sit outside," as well, and so it would get a double-tap. Dining here is a la carte and predictably sumptuous but foodie'd up for your pleasure via options like egg-laden hash, bourbon-maple drizzled fried chicken and a dish called the Mr. Wilbur (beer-braised pulled pork, crispy polenta cake, poached egg and white BBQ finished with Hollandaise) that will make your tummy happy and your cardiologist cry. Meh. Don't stress. Brunch is meant to be indulgent.
- Brunch: "Drink responsibly! Unsure of what that means? Read the "Bottomless Mimosa Faux Pas" list on the Stubborn Mule website before partaking."
- Restaurants near Amway Center: "Don't forget to make time to hit the Sunday Farmer's Market at Lake Eola Park. Thornton Park/downtown Orlando were made to while away a Sunday!"
- Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants: "Popular for post-work happy hour and among the downtown-area residents, peak times can be busy and loud."
- Best for Brunch Because: Ample outdoor seating, sumptuous selections and a bottomless mimosa option ($12? We're in!) make the Stubborn Mule worth riding for brunch.
- Best for Restaurants near Amway Center Because: It's less than a mile from Amway. Not enough to walk off their fondue-laden house burger, but probably a good idea anyway!
- Best for Thornton Park Area's Best Restaurants Because: It's not for diets, but it's fabulous for cheat days. And brunch. Which, much like Thanksgiving, is an auto-cheat day.