Oysters are known as an aphrodisiac, right? Test out the theory at one of central Florida's newest upscale restaurants. New Standard opened in January 2020 and is a spot you'll want to hit with your... Read More
Oysters are known as an aphrodisiac, right? Test out the theory at one of central Florida's newest upscale restaurants. New Standard opened in January 2020 and is a spot you'll want to hit with your honey. This place doesn't just have oysters. They have an oyster car, a gorgeous uplit piece of custom glass art filled with oysters that arrive fresh daily. The raw bar also features stone crab claws and ceviche. Chef Ryan McLaughlin's menu includes loads of locally-sourced ingredients. If you aren't able to make it for a romantic dinner, New Standard also serves brunch. No need to worry, oysters are on the brunch menu as well.
- Best Restaurants for Spring, Romantic Dining: "Oysters may be the main attraction, but the menu has something for everyone from meat lovers to vegans."
- New and Popular Restaurants: "The first Monday night of every month is jazz night. It's a jam session of talented musicians taking the stage. Don't be shocked if you see the diner at the table next to you jamming under the spotlight. You even have chance to take the mic!"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: This Winter Park restaurant opened at the beginning of 2020. It has indoor and outdoor seating, great live music every night and fantastic food.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: A new, upscale restaurant with an oyster bar is a surefire way to guarantee a sultry date night.
- Best for New and Popular Restaurants Because: Opened in January 2020, this place is a cool blend of great music, a hip vibe and incredible food from locally sourced farms.