Explore Palm Beach / West Palm Beach
Also Featured In
Type: Parks, Recreational Facilities
Located on 1700 acres to the west of West Palm Beach, Okeeheelee Park has something for the whole family to enjoy. Open from sunrise to sundown, with lighted tennis courts open until 9 PM, there is... Read More
Located on 1700 acres to the west of West Palm Beach, Okeeheelee Park has something for the whole family to enjoy. Open from sunrise to sundown, with lighted tennis courts open until 9 PM, there is plenty of time to fit some outdoor activity into your schedule. Bring the bike and ride on more than 8 miles of bike trails or check out the full BMX track if you're feeling adventurous. If golf is more your thing, enjoy the driving range or one of the 3 9-hole public courses or skip the admission and play the 18-hole disc golf course (map online). This park if for animal lovers as well with a 111 acre Equestrian Center, a dog park, and an indoor nature center with an exhibit hall with live animals. Don't have the funds for a gym membership? Come enjoy the 1 mile loop that has 20 exercise stations along the way. The scenic views of ponds and greenery will only add to your motivation and enjoyment and are a free perk of exercising. Planning an outing for the whole family or celebrating a birthday? Consider calling ahead to rent out a picnic area by one of the many playgrounds in the park. If you are looking for some water fun, come rent a kayak or paddle-boat and explore at your own pace, or sign up for a water ski permit and enjoy one of five courses.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Okeeheelee Park is a vast, beautiful greenery with many outdoor recreational activities available.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: For some couples, outdoor activities scream romance. Okeeheelee's bike trails, golf courses and picnic stations are perfect for inexpensive dates.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Okeeheelee Park has something for big and little kids alike with its expansive playscapes and miles of bike trails.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Okeeheelee Park is full of amenities like a fitness trail, golf course, kayak rentals, and playgrounds for outdoor fun.
- Best for Parks Because: The sprawling greens of the Okeeheelee Park disc golf and golf courses are a great place to spend some time outdoors.