Explore Space Coast
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Flickr user grendelkhan
Type: Active, Beaches, Family Friendly, Great Views, Outdoor Activities, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Parks, Relaxing, Sightseeing, Water
Wickham Park is our favorite, off-the-beaten-path, non-touristy attraction on the Space Coast. This is a hotspot for college students, located adjacent to the Eastern Florida State College Melbourne... Read More
Wickham Park is our favorite, off-the-beaten-path, non-touristy attraction on the Space Coast. This is a hotspot for college students, located adjacent to the Eastern Florida State College Melbourne campus, which means plenty of events, from a medieval festival to multicultural celebrations. Watch dolphins at the nearby beach. On Friday evenings in the summer, you can often catch free movies in the park, shown on the massive, 23-foot screen, beginning at sundown. Bring a blanket or chairs. Wickham Park offers a ton of fun features, including but not limited to a plethora of trails, swimming, a pavilion, multiple lakes, disc golf, volleyball, soccer fields, a dog park, amphitheater and more. Camping overnight is going to cost you, but it's free to enjoy the other features here.
- Free Things to Do: "Bring a blanket and watch a free movie in the park on a 23-foot screen."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Outdoor Activities: "Plan a camping excursion here on a Friday night, so you can take advantage of Food Truck Fridays."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Look for Movie in the Park nights, kids races, festivals and more family-friendly actvities in the park."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Wickham Park features plenty of public events and features trails, swimming, lakes, disc golf, a dog park and more.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Wickham Park is a local fave and hidden gem, with tons of outdoor activities and organized events.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This large park has it all, from trails to lakes to parks. It's a one-stop outdoor mecca.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Wickham Park is a great place to go camping with your kids. Chances are, there will be a family-friendly event while you're there.