Explore Space Coast
Canaveral National Seashore
Type: Beaches, Outdoor Activities, Parks
Located midway down the Florida east coast between New Smyrna Beach and Titusville, the 24 miles of park is home to over 1,000 species of plants and 300 species of birds, including 14 threatened or... Read More
Located midway down the Florida east coast between New Smyrna Beach and Titusville, the 24 miles of park is home to over 1,000 species of plants and 300 species of birds, including 14 threatened or endangered species. Sea turtles nest here. This is Florida, in nature. Wild and untouched. Visitors enjoy camping (with permit), ocean beaches, surfing, fishing, boating and hunting. Rangers facilitate programs year-round on such topics as canoeing and sea turtle nesting. Take a self-guided tour along Black Point Wildlife Drive, through the marsh. Restrooms and a small bookstore also available, but don't expect picnic benches, phones, drinking fountains or stores. This is an escape from all of that.
- Daily 6am-6pm
- Adult $3; Child (16 and under) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "Take a self-guided tour along Black Point Wildlife Drive."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Beaches: "Consider this a warning or a tip, depending on how you roll: The last pier (No. 13) of the Playalinda Beach welcomes nude sunbathers. But if you have young kids, don't be afraid; the first 12 piers are plenty of sand."
- Outdoor Activities: "Bring a picnic and take a self-guided tour along Black Point Wildlife Drive."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: This seashore is wild Florida, untouched and full of animals. Go camping and rent a canoe.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Canaveral National Seashore is Florida, wild and untouched. See pristine beaches and rare or endangered species.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This large park is one of the best places to see tropical plants and wildlife on the Space Coast.
- Best for Beaches Because: This is the longest stretch of undeveloped beach on the east coast.