Also Featured In
American Victory Museum and Ship
Type: Attractions, History Museums, Military, Museums
Conveniently located close to downtown and adjacent to the Florida Aquarium, the American Victory Ship is one of Tampa's hidden gems. One of only four WWII ships that are fully-functioning, the Ship... Read More
Conveniently located close to downtown and adjacent to the Florida Aquarium, the American Victory Ship is one of Tampa's hidden gems. One of only four WWII ships that are fully-functioning, the Ship is a memorial to the dedicated men and women of the American Merchant Fleet. Almost all areas of the Ship are open to investigation, including the bridge, weaponry, galley and mess halls, crew cabins and Captain's quarters, radio and gyro rooms, and much more. Visitors are given the unique opportunity to experience the living and working conditions of the sailors. Interpretive exhibits fill in the blanks through the display of artifacts, photos, uniforms and medals.
- Sun-Mon: Noon-5pm
- Tue-Sat: 10am-5pm
- Adult $10; Senior (65+) $8; Military $5; Child (4-12) $5; Child (0-3) Free
- Best for Museums Because: At the American Victory Ship, one of only four fully-functioning WWII ships, visitors can experience sailors' living and working conditions.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The American Victory Ship, located next to Tampa's cruise port, provides a rare glimpse into life aboard ship during WWII.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: Perfect for WWII history buffs, the American Victory Ship is located near Amalie Arena.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Tampa's American Victory Museum and Ship is one of only four WWII ships still functioning and offers a unique opportunity to experience life on board.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The American Victory Museum and Ship is an authentic WWII ship fun for the whole family to explore.