Florida Museum of Photographic Arts
Type: Art Museums, Museums
A highlight of the Tampa art scene, this beloved gallery is one of only a few museums in the US dedicated solely to photography. The museum is located downtown in the architecturally significant Cube,... Read More
A highlight of the Tampa art scene, this beloved gallery is one of only a few museums in the US dedicated solely to photography. The museum is located downtown in the architecturally significant Cube, a soaring six-story atrium building. Promoting photographic art as central to our culture, the museum hosts exhibits of both historic and contemporary photography. Visitors to FMoPA are moved, mystified and inspired by the works of nationally and internationally known photographers, brilliantly displayed to emphasize the photographs' relevance to today's culture. The museum also offers gallery talks, "Photography at 5" happy hours, and inventive family activities.
- Mon-Thu: 11am-6pm
- Fri: 11am-7pm
- Sat-Sun: Noon-5pm
- Adult $10; Senior $8; Student $8; Military $8
- Museums: "If you are budding photographer, check their calendar of events for a myriad of photography classes for all ages."
- Sightseeing: "Plan ahead if you need parking as it can be limited and expensive in that area. Street parking north of Kennedy Boulevard is FREE on weekends and after 6:00 pm on weeknights."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Attractions near Amalie Arena: "Plan ahead if you need parking as it can be limited and expensive in that area."
- Best for Museums, Sightseeing Because: Great for photography buffs, Tampa's FMoPA is one of the only museums in the US dedicated to photography.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is a popular and unique Tampa museum conveniently located close to the cruise port.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: FMoPA is a unique museum of photographic art located just a ten minute walk from Amalie Arena.
Find the 10Best nearby:
More unforgettable experiences in Tampa