Pirate Water Taxi
Type: Tours and Excursions
Tampa's Pirate Water Taxi travels the city's downtown waterways and offers visitors and residents an easy and convenient way to visit downtown parks, museums, restaurants, and other attractions. The... Read More
Tampa's Pirate Water Taxi travels the city's downtown waterways and offers visitors and residents an easy and convenient way to visit downtown parks, museums, restaurants, and other attractions. The large, comfortable vessels offer seating for up to 46 and have restroom facilities. There is also a limited beverage menu available on board including beer and wine. There are currently 17 stops and guests are able to hop on and hop off all day for one low price. Time to navigate between the farthest stops beginning at Rick's on the River and ending at the Columbia Cafe on Garrison Channel is approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Check their website for maps of the stops and a handy guide to the nearby attractions. Tickets can be bought at any stop, just look for their distinctive yellow and black sign on the docks along the route.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $20; Senior $18; Military $18; Child $10
- Outdoor Activities: "If you show your wristband you can receive discounts at many attractions and restaurants along the route."
- Things to Do in December: "During December, book an after-dark River of Lights Holiday Cruise, a family-friendly event with a jolly pirate elf, Christmas sing-a-longs, and snow flurries."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Be sure to take a cruise after dark to enjoy the beautiful, everchanging light displays all along the river."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Pirate Water Taxi offers a scenic and convenient way to explore Tampa's downtown attractions - a perfect alternative to walking when it's hot!
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: A fun and flexible way to explore the sights and attractions of downtown Tampa is by hopping on and off the Pirate Water Taxi.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Enjoy Tampa's beautiful fall weather during the day, or enjoy a haunted river tour weekend nights in October with tales of local ghosts and hauntings.