Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Skye Rodgers
Tampa Bay History Center
Type: History Museums, Museums
The Tampa Bay History Center, a 60,000-square-foot waterfront museum, presents 12,000 years of Tampa Bay history through innovative, interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can... Read More
The Tampa Bay History Center, a 60,000-square-foot waterfront museum, presents 12,000 years of Tampa Bay history through innovative, interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can explore a vast array of Seminole artifacts, learn about the Spanish conquistadors, browse a 1920s-era cigar store, and view over 1,000 ojbects related to Tampa's history as the cigar capital of the world. There is a wonderful museum gift store where you can find unique Tampa souvenirs and if you're hungry, try the onsite Columbia Cafe. Sister to the famous Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, this version serves many of the same Spanish delicacies.
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Tickets Adult $12.95; Senior (65+) $10.95; Student (13-17) $10.95; Child (4-12) $7.95; Child (0-3) Free
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: For an engaging overview of Tampa's rich history, the innovative Tampa Bay History Center is the best choice.
- Best for Museums Because: The Tampa Bay History Center is a state-of-the-art museum showcasing a comprehensive look at the region's diverse and fascinating history.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Located a short walk from the cruise port, the Tampa Bay History Center give visitors an engaging overview of the region's fascinating history.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: Across the street from Amalie Arena is the impressive, state-of-the-art Tampa Bay History Center celebrating the region's rich history.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: For a comprehensive glimpse of Tampa's history, the state-of-the-art Tampa Bay History Center is the best choice.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The centrally located Tampa Bay History Center brings the past to life and combines learning with fun through their innovative and engaging exhibits.