Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Skye Rodgers
Tampa Bay History Center
Type: History Museums, Museums
The Tampa Bay History Center, a 60,000-square-foot waterfront museum, presents 12,000 years of Tampa Bay history through innovative, interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can... Read More
The Tampa Bay History Center, a 60,000-square-foot waterfront museum, presents 12,000 years of Tampa Bay history through innovative, interactive exhibits that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can explore a vast array of Seminole Native American artifacts, learn about the Spanish conquistadors, browse a 1920s-era cigar store, and view over 1,000 Tampa cigar industry-related objects. The new treasure seekers gallery is dedicated to the exploration of pirate ships and sunken treasure and features a full-size replica of a 1500s galleon and actual artifacts retrieved from shipwrecks. There is also a wonderful museum gift store where you can find unique Tampa souvenirs.
- Daily 10am-5pm
- Tickets Adult $14.95; Senior (65+) $12.95; Student (7-17) $10.95; Military $12.95; Child (0-6) Free
- Sightseeing: "if you're hungry, try the onsite Columbia Cafe. Sister to the famous Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, this version serves many of the same Spanish delicacies."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Museums, Attractions near Amalie Arena, Family-Friendly Museums: "This popular attraction offers great value for your money and even offers validated parking!"
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out the Treasure Seekers Gallery and get in touch with your inner pirate!"
- Best for Sightseeing Because: For a comprehensive glimpse into Tampa's cultural history, the state-of-the-art Tampa Bay History Center is the best choice.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Located a short walk from the cruise port, the Tampa Bay History Center give visitors an engaging overview of the region's fascinating history.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: For an engaging overview of Tampa's rich history, the innovative Tampa Bay History Center is the best choice.
- Best for Museums Because: The Tampa Bay History Center is a state-of-the-art museum showcasing a comprehensive look at the region's diverse and fascinating history.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: Across the street from Amalie Arena is the impressive, state-of-the-art Tampa Bay History Center celebrating the region's rich history.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The centrally located Tampa Bay History Center brings the past to life and combines learning with fun through their innovative and engaging exhibits.