Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Skye Rodgers
Photo courtesy of Skye Rodgers
Type: Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing
The Tampa Riverwalk is a scenic exploration of the downtown waterfront and connects many of the city's most popular attractions, parks, and restaurants. The broad paved path follows the banks of the... Read More
The Tampa Riverwalk is a scenic exploration of the downtown waterfront and connects many of the city's most popular attractions, parks, and restaurants. The broad paved path follows the banks of the Hillsborough River and Garrison Channel and is easily accessible to everyone including the disabled, kids, and furry friends. There are also many ways to navigate the Riverwalk which accommodates walkers, joggers, and bikers. A few of the landmarks you will pass include the Heights Public Market, Waterworks Park, Tampa Museum of Art, Curtis Hixon Park, the Convention Center, and the Tampa Bay History Center. Along the way, you can discover numerous interpretive exhibits highlighting Tampa's history and public art exhibits. The path is almost 3 miles long, but there are plenty of spots to stop for a rest and grab a drink or a quick bite along the way.
- Romantic Things to Do: "You can also explore by bike - rentals are available at several hubs along the Riverwalk."
- Things to Do in December: "Visit after dark to enjoy all the festive holiday lights located both on the walkway and at attractions along the way!"
- Outdoor Activities, Free Things to Do, Attractions near Amalie Arena: "Explore by bike ($5 per/hr) with self-serve rentals available at several spots along the Riverwalk."
- Attractions near Cruise Port: "This walkway is the perfect introduction for first time visitors to downtown attractions and activities."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Sip and stroll - alcohol can be consumed during your walk if purchased from vendors along the route."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: An evening stroll down the beautifully lit Tampa Riverwalk offers romance and a great introduction to downtown attractions.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Exploring Tampa's Riverwalk, a popular walkway that links the city's top attractions, is an especially pleasant way to enjoy the cooler December temperatures.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Perfect for walking, jogging, and biking, Tampa's downtown Riverwalk showcases the city's top attractions.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Tampa Riverwalk is a scenic 2.5 mile walk along the downtown waterfront that provides easy access to many top area attractions.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The 2.8-mile Riverwalk is a scenic walkway that hugs the downtown waterfront and connects many of Tampa's most popular attractions.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Tampa Riverwalk is a 2.5-mile scenic walkway along the downtown waterfront that connects many popular attractions.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: Located across the street from Amalie Arena, the scenic 2 mile Riverwalk connects many downtown attractions.