Type: History Museums, Museums
A charming historic haven set in modern-day Tampa, this living history museum, located on the Florida State Fairgrounds, recreates life in a rural 1890s Floridian town. Named after the Florida... Read More
A charming historic haven set in modern-day Tampa, this living history museum, located on the Florida State Fairgrounds, recreates life in a rural 1890s Floridian town. Named after the Florida "Crackers" who were 19th century, cow-herding pioneers, the museum features 13 authentic buildings dating from 1870 to 1912. The buildings were moved from their original locations and restored on-site. As visitors explore, interpreters demonstrate trades such as blacksmithing, spinning, storytelling and soap making. On select Saturdays, the "Discover the Past" program offers seasonal hands-on activities like butter churning, rope making and crop planting, so come prepared to party, 19th-century style.
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Adult $7; Senior $6; Child (6-12) $6; Child (0-5) Free
- Best for Museums Because: Cracker-country is a living history museum featuring rural life in the 1890s located at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Cracker Country is Tampa's only living history museum recreating Florida daily life as it was in the late 1800's.