Also Featured In
Built in 1891 by railroad magnate Henry B. Plant, this history museum is located in what was originally the Tampa Bay Hotel, an extravagant resort that drew such guests as Teddy Roosevelt and Babe... Read More
Built in 1891 by railroad magnate Henry B. Plant, this history museum is located in what was originally the Tampa Bay Hotel, an extravagant resort that drew such guests as Teddy Roosevelt and Babe Ruth. Now home to the University of Tampa, Plant's accomplishment is made all the more amazing when you realize that when it was built, the hotel was surrounded only by swampland. Now exquisitely restored, the hotel's striking architecture, lavish furnishings and vibrant gardens provide a rare glimpse into the early years of Florida tourism. Sure, it makes returning to a modern-day hotel room a bit sad, but this Moorish beauty is a definite must-see.
- Tue-Sat: 10am-5pm
- Sun: Noon-5pm Hours; May; Vary; Seasonally
- Adult $10; Senior $7; Student $7; Child (4-12) $5
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Take a few minutes to enjoy a stroll of the lovely grounds known as Plant Park."
- Romantic Things to Do: "The source of Tampa's iconic minarets, a popular subject for many photos of the city."
- Museums: "Make sure to stop by their museum store featuring unique, period gifts."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Family-Friendly Museums: "Make sure you take in the beautiful grounds of the former hotel while you're there."
- Attractions near Amalie Arena, Sightseeing: "Make sure to stop by their amazing museum store."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Preserving the history of the luxurious Tampa Bay Hotel, this museum is where you will find Tampa's iconic minarets.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Henry B. Plant Museum recreates the romance and opulence of the extravagant Tampa Bay Hotel.
- Best for Museums Because: Return to the gilded age as you explore the exquisite Tampa Bay Hotel and its famous minarets at the Henry B. Plant Museum.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: A former luxury hotel, the Henry B. Plant Museum showcases Tampa's gilded age and is located just a few minutes drive from the cruise port.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: Just across the Hillsborough River is the Henry B. Plant museum that celebrates Tampa's golden age.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Plant Museum is located in Tampa's most iconic historic building and illustrates the glamour of the gilded age.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Henry B. Plant Museum showcases Tampa's gilded age, transporting visitors back in time to experience the opulence of the Tampa Bay Hotel.