Also Featured In
ZooTampa at Lowry Park
Beloved by locals and visitors alike, ZooTampa at Lowry Park has been voted the #1 Family Friendly Zoo in the country by Parents Magazine and is a five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of... Read More
Beloved by locals and visitors alike, ZooTampa at Lowry Park has been voted the #1 Family Friendly Zoo in the country by Parents Magazine and is a five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. The 56-acre nonprofit zoo is home to 1,300 animals and emphasizes regionally endangered species and those in similar climates. All of your favorites are here, including African species like giraffes, rhinos, and hippos, Asian animals like lions and tigers, as well as animals native to Florida, such as various species of alligator and crocodile. Once they've made their way around to all of the animals, the kids can play in the Australian-themed children's area that includes rides and other games. Going in the morning is a good idea, especially in the summer. Not only do you avoid the heat, but the animals also tend to be more lively.
- Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Adult $36.95; Child (3-11) $27.95; Child (0-2) Free
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Fall brings cooler temps for visitors to ZooTampa, and kids will love being scared by Creatures of the Night, Friday and Saturday evenings in October.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Tampa's favorite animal attraction is the award-winning Lowry Park Zoo which features many animals native to Florida.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is consistently ranked as a top kid-friendly zoo for its engaging animal exhibits and family amenities.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: ZooTampa at Lowry Park is consistently ranked as one of the best zoos in the country with a mission to conserve Florida's native wildlife.