ZooTampa at Lowry Park
Beloved by locals and visitors alike, ZooTampa at Lowry Park has been voted the #1 Family Friendly Zoo in the country by Parents Magazine and is a five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of... Read More
Beloved by locals and visitors alike, ZooTampa at Lowry Park has been voted the #1 Family Friendly Zoo in the country by Parents Magazine and is a five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. The 56-acre nonprofit zoo is home to 1,300 animals and emphasizes regionally endangered species and those in similar climates. All of your favorites are here, including African species like giraffes, rhinos, and hippos, Asian animals like lions and tigers, as well as animals native to Florida, such as various species of alligator and crocodile. Once they've made their way around to all of the animals, the kids can play in the Australian-themed children's area that includes rides and other games. Going in the morning is a good idea, especially in the summer. Not only do you avoid the heat, but the animals also tend to be more lively.
1101 W Sligh Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
- Things to Do in December: "Christmas in the Wild is a reservation-only event featuring twinkling lights, holiday treats, and amazing wildlife."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing: "Get $3 dollars off one-day admission tickets by purchasing in advance and online via their website."
- Things to Do with Kids: "New this year is the Florida Wilds area where visitors can view native animals and experience close encounters with black bears, river otters, sandhill cranes, skunks and alligators."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Reservations are no longer required to visit Zoo Tampa during the day; however, the Creatures of the Night attraction does require advance tickets and reservations."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Cooler temps mean active animals, so December is a wonderful time to visit ZooTampa. On select evenings, families can also enjoy Christmas in the Wild.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: ZooTampa at Lowry Park is consistently ranked as one of the best zoos in the country with a mission to conserve Florida's native wildlife.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is consistently ranked as a top kid-friendly zoo for its engaging animal exhibits and family amenities.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Fall brings cooler temperatures for visitors to ZooTampa, and kids will love being scared by family-friendly Creatures of the Night, weekend evenings in October.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Tampa's favorite animal attraction is the award-winning Lowry Park Zoo which features many animals native to Florida.