Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Seafood
Price Range: $
Back before there was a paved road, Skippers Smokehouse began as a small take-out joint north of Tampa. Over the years the building has been added on to haphazardly including a dining room that is a... Read More
Back before there was a paved road, Skippers Smokehouse began as a small take-out joint north of Tampa. Over the years the building has been added on to haphazardly including a dining room that is a study in Old Florida rustic. The cuisine is described as "Floribbean" and features local staples including smoked fish dip, conch fritters, and fresh oysters and clams. Their award-winning Blackened Grouper Reuben sandwich was featured on the Travel Channel's Best Sandwich in America. While you're there, enjoy a drink at the Oyster Bar, another ad hoc add-on, and outside is a unique outdoor concert venue, affectionately known to locals as the "Skipperdome."
- Tue: 11am-11pm
- Wed-Fri: 11am-Midnight
- Sat: Noon-Midnight
- Sun: 1pm-9pm
- Cover Charge Depends on Day; Call for Details
- Seafood: "Try a taste of Old Florida with their delicious versions of authentic local delicacies like 'gator tail or smoked mullet."
- Outdoor Dining: "Try some authentic Florida delicacies, like 'gator tail and smoked mullet."
- Homestyle: "Try some authentic Florida delicacies like 'gator tail or smoked mullet."
- Best for Seafood Because: Featuring Floribbean cuisine, rustic 'Old Florida' atmosphere, and world-class entertainment, Skippers is a local landmark.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Experience the old-Florida atmosphere at Tampa's famous Skipperdome where the floors are dirt, the seats are picnic tables, and the live entertainment is legendary.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Skipper's in north Tampa is the perfect spot for some distinctly Floridan comfort food.