Clearwater Beach is a very popular and busy beach that has been voted the "Best Beach Town in Florida" by USA Today readers. In addition to meticulously groomed beaches and tons of beach amenities,... Read More
Clearwater Beach is a very popular and busy beach that has been voted the "Best Beach Town in Florida" by USA Today readers. In addition to meticulously groomed beaches and tons of beach amenities, Clearwater Beach offers many additional attractions. Fishing, dolphin-watching and leisure charters are available close-by. You can also visit the famous dolphin, Winter, who lives at the nearby Clearwater Aquarium. Some of the best seafood restaurants in the Tampa Bay area are found here including perennial favorite, Frenchy's. There are also a wide variety of clubs and nightlife including two-story dance club, The Wave, at Shepherd's Beach Resort. There are always events going on and every evening people gather at The Pier to take part in the sunset celebration that includes entertainment and a craft market.
- Things to Do in December: "Parking can get tight. It's a good idea to get there early and be prepared to walk with your stuff."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Parking onsite can get tight - it's a good idea to get there early. Check their website for a list of nearby options."
- Beaches: "Parking can get tight - it's a good idea to get there early."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: A visit to Tampa in December would not be complete without going to the beach at least once and Clearwater Beach is a popular choice.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The weather is fine for laying-out in Tampa Bay until late October, so get yourself to Clearwater Beach to catch some rays.
- Best for Beaches Because: Clearwater Beach is very popular beach featuring lots of beach-side amenities and nearby attractions, restaurants and nightlife.