Type: Great Views, Parks, Sightseeing
Yes, a sidewalk is one of Tampa's best attractions. However, this is a special sidewalk. Running 4.5 miles from Gandy Boulevard to downtown Tampa, the sidewalk that runs along Bayshore Boulevard is... Read More
Yes, a sidewalk is one of Tampa's best attractions. However, this is a special sidewalk. Running 4.5 miles from Gandy Boulevard to downtown Tampa, the sidewalk that runs along Bayshore Boulevard is the longest continuous sidewalk in the US. It is also south Tampa's unofficial gym, where at all hours of the day you can find people walking, jogging, biking, and rollerblading down the nearly flat pavement. With water and skyline views on one side and some of Tampa's most expensive real estate on the other, the scenery can't be beaten. It's also the location of the city's most anticipated annual celebration, the Gasparilla Pirate Parade and Festival in late January.
312 Bayshore Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
- Best Attractions & Activities: "There's not much shade, so make sure to have hats, sunscreen and water handy on hot days."
- Free Things to Do: "There is not much shade, so make sure to bring water, wear a hat, and use sunscreen."
- Outdoor Activities: "There is not much shade along the route, so make sure to wear a hat and sunscreen."
- Romantic Things to Do: "For extra romance, catch a ride to Bayshore Boulevard on the Pirate Water Taxi, a hop-on hop-off service with stops all along the downtown waterfront."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Walking, jogging or biking down the famous sidewalk of Tampa's Bayshore Boulevard affords beautiful water and skyline views.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Bayshore Boulevard is the longest sidewalk in the U.S. and offers beautiful views of the bay and downtown Tampa skyline.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Walking, jogging or biking down Tampa's famous Bayshore Boulevard is a popular local pastime that affords beautiful views of the bay and downtown.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A moonlit walk down Bayshore Boulevard features grand mansions, reflective bay waters and the lights of Tampa's downtown skyline.