Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Skye Rodgers
Type: Great Views, Parks, Sightseeing
Yes, a sidewalk is one of Tampa's best attractions. Before you start with the jokes, this is a very special sidewalk. Running from just north of MacDill Air Force Base to downtown Tampa along... Read More
Yes, a sidewalk is one of Tampa's best attractions. Before you start with the jokes, this is a very special sidewalk. Running from just north of MacDill Air Force Base to downtown Tampa along Hillsborough Bay, the sidewalk that runs along Bayshore Boulevard is the longest continuous sidewalk in the US. It is south Tampa's unofficial gym, where at all hours of the day you can find many people walking, jogging, biking, and rollerblading down the nearly flat pavement. With the water on one side and some of Tampa's most expensive real estate on the other, the scenery can't be beat. It's also the location of our most important celebration, the annual Gasparilla parade in late January. Bayshore is simply the city's most distinctive feature.
312 Bayshore Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
- Romantic Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities: "There's not much shade, so have hats, sunscreen and water handy on hot days."
- Outdoor Activities: "There is not much shade along the route, so make sure to wear a hat and sunscreen."
- Free Things to Do: "There is not much shade, so make sure to bring water and wear a hat and use sunscreen."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A moonlit walk down Bayshore Boulevard features grand mansions, reflective Bay waters and the lights of Tampa's downtown skyline.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Walking, jogging or biking down Tampa's famous Bayshore Boulevard affords beautiful views of the water and downtown.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Bayshore Boulevard is the longest sidewalk in the US and offers beautiful Bay and downtown Tampa skyline views.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Walking, jogging or biking down the famous sidewalk of Tampa's Bayshore Boulevard affords beautiful water and skyline views.