One of the best aquariums in the southeast, this 250,000 square foot attraction explores aquatic environments around the world. Exhibits feature more than 20,000 plants and animals in both fresh and... Read More
One of the best aquariums in the southeast, this 250,000 square foot attraction explores aquatic environments around the world. Exhibits feature more than 20,000 plants and animals in both fresh and saltwater environments. The centerpiece of the aquarium is a million-gallon coral reef display housing over 200 species of fish. Other areas of the aquarium showcase river otters, alligators, deep sea fish. Kids will love the "touch" experiences where they can get up close with stingrays, horseshoe crabs, urchins, and starfish. Also popular are the twice-daily Penguin Meet & Greets featuring African black-footed penguins. A gift shop and restaurant are on the premises. Check their website for admission prices as they offer Plan-Ahead Pricing.
701 Channelside Dr
Tampa, FL 33602
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Make sure the kids bring their swimsuits so they can cool off in the rainforest-themed splash pad."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Included with entrance admission is 4Ducks Theater, a 4-D movie experience with a variety of special effects including scents, lighting, wind, water mist, seat vibration."
- Sightseeing, Attractions near Cruise Port, Attractions near Amalie Arena: "Make sure the kids bring their swimsuits so they can cool off in the newly renovated splash pad."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Florida Aquarium is one of the best aquariums in the southeast featuring unique exhibits and activities for the whole family.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Florida Aquarium in Tampa is one of the best aquariums in the southeast. A perfect spot to take the kids on a rainy day.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Florida Aquarium in Tampa allows visitors an exciting exploration into the area's unique fresh and saltwater fish and animals.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Florida Aquarium is one of Tampa's most popular attractions and is located adjacent to the cruise port.
- Best for Attractions near Amalie Arena Because: The prestigious Florida Aquarium can be found just down the street from Amalie Arena.