Also Featured In
Lettuce Lake Regional Park is located along the Hillsborough River about half an hour north of downtown Tampa. The river at this point is in its natural state, untouched by houses and development... Read More
Lettuce Lake Regional Park is located along the Hillsborough River about half an hour north of downtown Tampa. The river at this point is in its natural state, untouched by houses and development giving visitors a chance to experience natural Florida at its best. The park features 240 acres of wooded picnic areas, a playground and a paved path for bikes and joggers complete with fitness course. A haven for nature lovers and bird watchers, the park features an amazing 3,500 foot boardwalk and observation tower where visitors can view a variety of wildlife. Visit the interpretive center for exhibits on the local birds, vegetation, and animals. Saturdays and Sundays at 8:30am the park features a free guided nature walk. You can also explore the river by canoe and kayak as the park features a boat launch and rentals.
- Spring/Summer: Daily 8am-7:30pm
- Fall/Winter: Daily 8am-5:30pm
Entry Per Vehicle $2
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Lettuce Lake Park features several ways to enjoy Florida's beautiful natural landscape including an extensive boardwalk, observation tower and canoe/kayak rentals.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Ok it's $2, but that's for a car-full! Lettuce Lake Park offers visitors to Tampa a glimpse of Florida's natural beauty.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Quiet and secluded, couples can stroll the lakeside boardwalk and admire the unspoiled natural beauty and abundant wildlife.