Hillsborough River State Park
Type: Outdoor Activities, Parks
To see the natural beauty of Florida without having to drive very far out of town, Hillsborough River State Park is your best bet. Located upriver from downtown Tampa, in northeastern Hillsborough... Read More
To see the natural beauty of Florida without having to drive very far out of town, Hillsborough River State Park is your best bet. Located upriver from downtown Tampa, in northeastern Hillsborough County, this is one of Florida's oldest and most popular state parks. The list of things to do here is expansive, starting with both full-facility and primitive camping. Canoes and kayaks can be rented to go down the river. In contrast to most segments of the Hillsborough River which are very slow-moving, the river here has a rare section of fast-moving water with Class II rapids. There are also numerous picnic areas, a public pool, and numerous hiking trails where, if you're lucky, you will be able to spot some native Florida wildlife.
15402 US Rte 301 N
Thonotosassa, FL 33592
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- (Up to 8 people per car)
Entry Per Vehicle $6
Entry Per Vehicle $24
- Free Things to Do: "To reduce contact, you can buy admission online through their website."
- Outdoor Activities, Things to Do in Fall: "For fun, take a spin on a rented tandem bike. There is a rental/gift/coffee shop deep in the park beside the large pool."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you're looking for a hike, be advised that some trails will flood during the summer months."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: For $6 per car, you can experience Florida wilderness at Hillsborough River State Park complete with hiking, picnic areas, and a canoe/kayak launch.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Kayaking, hiking, swimming (pool), and camping, are just a few activities available at Tampa's Hillsborough River State Park.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Canoeing, hiking, swimming, and camping, are just a few ways to enjoy Florida naturally at Tampa's Hillsborough River State Park.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Fall's arrival means its time to get outside and enjoy cooler temps and dry trails at Hillsborough River State Park, just minutes from downtown.