Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Lou Nissart
Lou Bistrot Nissart
Cuisine: European, French
Near the Port of Nice, this restaurant specializes in local Nicoise fare and is far enough removed from the main tourist areas to feel local and off-the-beaten path (although it is near the flower... Read More
Near the Port of Nice, this restaurant specializes in local Nicoise fare and is far enough removed from the main tourist areas to feel local and off-the-beaten path (although it is near the flower market, so convenient to reach from the port side of the city). The food can feel a bit rough – this isn't French gastro fare for beginners – but foodies who remember the now closed Lou Nissart will dig its successor restaurant. The ambiance is also appealing here and the house wine is worth ordering a carafe or two. Try the pasta, which is made from scratch and cooked up with fresh seafood and roasted meats.
- French: "If you remember the famed (but now shuttered) Lou Nissart restaurant from a previous trip, this is its successor. Reservations are recommended. It fills quickly."
- Seafood: "The pasta is made from scratch and should not be skipped."
- Best Restaurants: "Order the pasta here, it is made from scratch. Reservations are also recommended as it fills quickly."
- Best for French Because: It does excellent Nicoise and Provencal cooking including excellent made-from-scratch French pasta dishes.
- Best for Seafood Because: The seafood pasta selections are delicious at this restaurant that focuses on local Nicoise fare.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Specializes in Nicoise and Provencales cooking in a Port of Nice locale. It is the successor to the famed (but closed) Lou Nissart.