Also Featured In
Basilique du Sacré-Coeur
Type: Great Views, Historic Sites, Religious Sites, Uniquely Here
The Sacré-Coeur Basilica, also known as the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, is blessed with its location in Paris. At the top of a huge hill in Montmartre overlooking the city, large steps cascade down... Read More
The Sacré-Coeur Basilica, also known as the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, is blessed with its location in Paris. At the top of a huge hill in Montmartre overlooking the city, large steps cascade down the hill on one side, the basilica's white domes looming up in magnificence behind them. Head inside the Sacré-Coeur to experience this sacred Catholic cathedral, built in 1876. With its high point at the top of the Montmartre hill, plus its gleaming white stone exterior, Sacré-Coeur Basilica is an amazing sight to behold from a distance as well, and views of it can be seen from many different points in Paris.
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
- Church: Daily 6am-10:30pm
- Dome/Crypt (summer): Daily 8:30am-8pm
- Dome/Crypt (winter): Daily 9am-5pm
- Church Free
- Best Attractions & Activities: "The steps are great for sitting on with a loved one or friends. Music performers are often playing and you'll have an impressive view of the city spreading out below."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Sacré-Coeur sits like a majestic white lady, regal and pure, at the top of the Montmartre Hill, otherwise called the Butte Montmartre.