Also Featured In
This museum, set in the Hotel Biron, is a tribute to one of the world's finest sculptors. Thanks to Rodin's own donations, the facility offers a wealth of objects, including terra cotta, bronze and... Read More
This museum, set in the Hotel Biron, is a tribute to one of the world's finest sculptors. Thanks to Rodin's own donations, the facility offers a wealth of objects, including terra cotta, bronze and marble creations. Plaster and wax studies are available as well, along with his sketches, drawings, engravings, and his own collected art. Among the items on display are "The Kiss" and the sculpture that brought Rodin much fame, The Thinker. The museum is now re-opened after 3 years (2012 - 2015) of renovations on the main building, Hotel Biron, which is an early 18th c. building. The gardens are an idyllic draw unto themselves. They were also the setting for the scene where former First Lady of France, Carla Bruni, played her role for Woody Allen's film, Midnight in Paris. A cafe in the gardens offers refreshments.
79, rue de Varenne
- Apr-Sep (Apr - Sep): Tue-Fri, Sun 10am-5:45pm; Sat 10am-5pm
- Oct-Mar: Tue-Sun 10am-4:45pm
- Permanent Collection Adult 6; Student (18-25) Free - 5; Child (0-17) Free
Permanent Collection, Temporary Exhibition, Garden Adult 10; Student (18-25) 5 - 7; Child (0-17) Free
Garden Only Adult 1; Student (18-25) Free - 1; Child (0-17) Free
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The Kiss is one of those famous works of art that, when in Paris, you absolutely must see it for yourself.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This is a museum that offers as much viewing outdoors as indoors. It's a pleasing blend for all in your party, whatever the weather.