Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Paige Donner
Type: Architecture, Attractions, Family Friendly, Great Views, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
Boasting an impressive resume that includes being one of the tallest buildings in the world and a design that was lauded when it was built for the 1889 Exposition Universelle - a festival to celebrate... Read More
Boasting an impressive resume that includes being one of the tallest buildings in the world and a design that was lauded when it was built for the 1889 Exposition Universelle - a festival to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution - La Tour Eiffel, commonly known as the Eiffel Tower, originally served as a radio transmitter and a symbol of the innovations achieved during the industrial era. Today, the Eiffel Tower stands proudly amidst Paris and glimpses of it can be seen from all over the city. In reverse, the Eiffel Tower provides a view to the whole city; a ride to the top of the tower takes visitors 276 meters up for a panoramic view of the entire city, stretching out for miles in each direction. At night, the Eiffel Tower comes alive with a light show that increases its role as the city's most recognized feature.
- Sep - Mid Jun: Daily 9:30am-11pm
- Mid Jun - Aug: Daily 9am-Midnight
- Elevator to 2nd floor Adult 8; Child (4-11) 4; Child (12-24) 6.40
Elevator to Top Adult 13; Child (4-11) 7.50; Child (12-24) 9.90
Stairway Adult 4.50; Child (4-11) 3; Child (12-24) 3.50
- Sightseeing: "If you want to go on the most romantic date ever, take your significant other to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. This view includes all the glittering lights below and the bejeweled starry sky above. Dress warmly as even in summertime those lofty heights get chilly."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: With its first floor just newly re-done and now offering a panoramic viewing lounge, there is lots more to see from the Eiffel Tower.